Piedmont Triad Youth Football League
Greensboro, NC, United States
Piedmont Triad Youth Football League (PTYFL) is a member of USA Football Heads Up. As a member of the USA Football Heads Up program the PTYFL is part of an organization that is completely committed to the safety of the sport of youth football, to the people that dedicate their time and effort to ensuring that our players have a great and rewarding experience on the field and act as responsible individuals and leaders off the field.
Who We Are
USA Football believes in the passion, intensity, joy, confidence and sense of community football brings to those who play, coach and love it. From practice to playoffs, we work to make the game better and safer, ensuring that nothing stands in the way of a player’s excitement for the sport.
We evolve and grow the sport through innovative standards and best practices to advance coach and player development, participation and safety within the fun of the game and its inherent values. As the sport’s national governing body and member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players.
Our dedication to football pushes us to provide the best certifications, resources and programs, keeping the spirit and integrity of the game alive for the millions of athletes who enjoy the fun and benefit of playing.
Why We Exist
From the field to the stands, USA Football believes in the power of the game. As new players grow their love of football, we’ll grow the sport alongside them. Through the advancement of coaches, we develop valuable leadership, mentoring and practical skills, positioning them as forces of change both on and off the field.
We establish unmatched standards of safety, education and support for coaches and players in order to provide an environment where bonds are formed, skills are perfected and leaders are born.
What We Stand For
Development. Participation. Safety. Values.
These pillars, all of equal importance to us, serve as an expression of what we do and a constant reminder of why we do it. Through these standards, our goal is to grow a love and understanding of the game within the players, coaches and parents in the football community.
1. To provide a wholesome competitiveness within the scope of our rules and regulations that will protect the youth athlete and cheerleader.
2. To teach the fundamentals of football and coordinate cheerleader activities.
3. To provide a responsible football and cheerleader program where none is provided by the public schools.
4. To influence good sportsmanship, teamwork, highest moral and physical standards and the importance of scholarship and academic achievement.
5. To lend leagues support with remaining NON-INTRUSIVE to local operations.
6. To make Youth Football ALL-INCLUSIVE by not excluding participants based on superficial factors (such as weight).
7. To provide programs for special needs, at-risk and anti-gang groups, and the international football community.
8. To be the most user-friendly youth sports organization in North America. We keep THE PAPERWORK to a MINIMUM!
Executive Board of Directors
President - Franklin Lewis
VP of Operations - Shane Pike (Southeast)
VP of Football - Misty Hopper
Secretary - Kelly Hayes (Northwest)
Member at Large - Shawn Huffines (Northern)
Tres - Chris Herndon